SPC-14 - Targeting Alzheimer’s
Regulatory Pathway & Results
- 505(b)(2) Pathway
- Preclinical testing and proof-of-concept being lead by inventor Dr. Christine Denny of Columbia University
- SPC-14 has shown reduced hyponeophagia in animal studies
- SPC-14 may reduce behavioral despair
- Silo has licensed technology with Columbia and has recently entered into a scientific research agreement with Dr. Denny’s lab
Market Opportunity - Alzheimer’s Disease
- 6.5 million Americans suffer from Alzheimer’s and related diseases
- ~1 in 9 Americans 65+ have Alzheimer’s
- U.S. market for relevant drugs expected to reach $5Bn by 2027
SPC-15 - Targeted prophylactic treatment—Stress-induced affective disorders
- Sponsored Research Agreement with Columbia University Prevention of stress-induced affective disorders
- Increasing stress resilience in military, first responders, and other populations at high risk of PTSD
- Predicting the level of severity or progression such disorders
- Molecular targets for use in drug discovery of innovative treatments
- 26% of Americans 18+ suffer from anxiety, PTSD and other disorders
- This number has escalated post-CV-19
- U.S. market for relevant drugs expected to reach $13Bn by 2027
SP-26 - Time-Released Psi-lo-cybin, Keta-mine
- Deliver Keta-mine or Psi-lo-cybin in a time-released manner
- Will time-release diminish the hallucinogenic effects of these psych-e-delics
- Pre clinical study underway shows Z-pod can hold and distribute Keta-mine
- Efficacy study in animals underway
SPU-16 - CNS Homing Peptide
Regulatory Pathway & Results 505(b)(2) Pathway
- May be used as a delivery tool to target current therapies to detect inflammation in the spinal cord
- May be used for diagnosing and monitoring MS
- Decreases toxicity of existing therapeutics
- Animal study results show much improved delivery of therapeutics and decreased toxicity.
- There are approximately 400,000 Americans and 2.5 million people worldwide with MS
- The most widespread disabling neurological condition of young adults
- Global market for MS drugs expected to reach $25.3Bn by 2027
SPU-21 - Arthritogenic Joint Homing Peptides Utilizing Psi-lo-cybin
- Identify markers of arthritic inflammation in joints
- Isolate phage clones that preferentially target inflamed joints of arthritic Lewis rats
- Peptide significantly inhibited arthritic progression in this animal model
- Further studies are underway at UMB
- 1.3Mn U.S. adults suffer from RA
- The most common autoimmune disease in U.S.
- U.S. market for RA drugs expected to reach $63Bn by 2027
Grab more key company details/sources here.
Right now, SILO has several potential catalysts that could provide it with a breakout spark. Here's what to know:
No. 1 SILO Potential Catalyst - Low Float Volatility Could Pop Up On Daily Basis
According to the Yahoo Finance website, SILO has a low float.
The website reports this profile to have approximately 1.82Mn shares in its float.
Why is that important? It's important on one crucial level. Volatility.
Could more 2022 positive company news help provide a near term spark?
No. 2 SILO Potential Catalyst - Initiation Of A Preclinical Tox. Study Signals Company's SP-26 Formulation Moving In Right Direction
Silo Pharma Initiates Toxicity Study of its Proprietary Keta-mine Formulation for Treatment of Fibromyalgia
Studies of SP-26, the company’s proprietary, time-released keta--mine show positive results in reducing neuropathic nerve pain
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ, Oct. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Silo Pharma, Inc. (Nasdaq: SILO) (“the Company”), a developmental stage biopharmaceutical company focused on merging traditional therapeutics with psychedelic research, today announced that it has initiated a preclinical toxicity study of its novel time-released, dosage controlled formulation of keta-mine, designated as SP-26, for the treatment of fibromyalgia.
Eric Weisblum, CEO of Silo Pharma, commented, “We are working closely with our joint venture partner Zylö Therapeutics in developing a topical sustained released keta-mine utilizing Z-pod™ technology. Preclinical studies have already shown that our joint developed delivery method and formulation can hold and distribute keta-mine in a time-released manner. SP-26 reported positive results in reducing neuropathic nerve pain. This safety evaluation study will uncover maximum tolerated dosing data that will inform our future trials.”
Read the full article here.
No. 3 SILO Potential Catalyst - SILO Pursues Regulatory Pathway For Key Topical Formulation
Silo Pharma Initiates FDA Pre-Investigational New Drug (IND) Package for Time-Released Keta-mine Technology
Company intends to pursue 505(b)(2) regulatory pathway for novel topical formulation of keta-mine
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ, Oct. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Silo Pharma, Inc. (Nasdaq: SILO) (“the Company”), a developmental stage biopharmaceutical company focused on merging traditional therapeutics with psych-e-delic research, today announced that it is working with Premier Consulting as its regulatory partner to assist with the preparation of a pre-Investigational New Drug (IND) package and meeting request with the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for a novel topical formulation of keta-mine, designated as SPC-26, for the treatment of fibromyalgia.
Premier Consulting will assist the Company with the development of its nonclinical, clinical, clinical pharmacology, and biopharmaceutics strategy and program to be proposed to the FDA. The submission of a pre-IND meeting request for collaborative discussions with the FDA will be made in anticipation of the filing a clinical IND package.
“We are confident that our highly constructive pre-clinical work on SP-26 will offer strong support for our pre-IND package as we seek to advance our time-released keta-mine delivery system into the clinic,” said CEO Eric Weisblum. “We intend to pursue the 505(b)(2) regulatory pathway and have engaged Premier Consulting as a true strategic partner to pave the way for productive discussions and alignment with the FDA.”
Read the full article here.
No. 4 SILO Potential Catalyst - Huge Nasdaq Uplisting News Could Add Tons Of Exposure
Silo Pharma Announces Uplisting to Nasdaq Capital Market and Pricing of $5Mn Public Offering of Common St-ock
Silo Pharma common stock to begin trading on Nasdaq Tuesday, September 27, 2022, under the symbol “SILO”
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ , Sept. 27, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Silo Pharma, Inc. (Nasdaq: SILO) (formerly OTCQB: SILO), a developmental stage biopharmaceutical company focused on merging traditional therapeutics with psych-e-delic research, today announced pricing of an underwritten public offering of 1Mn shares of its common st-ock at a price to the public of $5.00 per share.
The gross proceeds to Silo Pharma from this offering are expected to be $5Mn, before deducting the underwriting discount and other estimated offering expenses payable by Silo Pharma. Silo Pharma intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for product development, marketing, and working capital and general corporate purposes. A portion of the proceeds may also be used for acquisitions of complementary businesses, technologies, or other assets.
As a result of the offering, the Company’s common stock will become listed on the Nasdaq Capital Market and will trade under the ticker symbol “SILO” beginning September 27, 2022. The offering is expected to close on or about September 29, 2022, subject to customary closing conditions. In addition, the Company has granted a 45-day option to the underwriter to purchase up to an additional 150,000 shares of common st-ock at the public offering price, less the underwriting discount, to cover over-allotments, if any.
Read the full article here.
No. 5 SILO Potential Catalyst - Company's Patent Portfolio Continues To Grow...
Silo Pharma Expands License Agreement and Patent Portfolio
Silo Enters into Commercial Evaluation License Agreement for Next Generation Liposomes
Therapeutics Would Target Multiple Diseases Including Autoimmune Disorders
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., June 23, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Silo Pharma, Inc. (OTCQB: SILO), a development-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the use of traditional and psych-e-delics as a therapeutic, today announced that it has expanded its Commercial Evaluation License Agreement (CELA) with the University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) for its next generation Liposomal Peptide targeting autoimmune diseases.
Eric Weisblum, CEO of Silo Pharma commented, “We are delighted to expand our partnership with UMB. Pre-clinical testing of these peptides has shown positive results in animal studies. The three-phage peptides we identified specifically target inflamed vascular endothelium of arthritic joints in an adjuvant-induced arthritis rat model. To test the therapeutic effect of the peptides, arthritic Lewis rats (n=4/group) were injected intravenously with one of the peptides or PBS either at the onset or just following the onset of arthritis. The rats were monitored regularly for disease severity and were assigned an 'arthritic score.' The results show treatment of arthritic Lewis rats with two of the three phage-encoded peptides (NQR and RGD) suppresses adjuvant arthritis, with RGD producing the most robust effect. Therefore, phage peptides ADK homes to the synovial vasculature of the inflamed joint, while phage peptides NQR and RGD both home to this area of the inflamed joint and have a therapeutic effect in a rat model of arthritis. The global market for auto-immune disease therapeutics is projected to be over $150Bn by 2025. We believe the issued patent portfolio that comes with these assets allows Silo to further advance its value to in-vest-ors and future partners.”
Read the full article here.
SILO Recap - Key Potential Breakout Catalysts To Know Now
No. 1 - Low Float Volatility Could Pop Up On Daily Basis
No. 2 - Initiation Of A Preclinical Tox. Study Signals Company's SP-26 Formulation Moving In Right Direction
No. 3 - SILO Pursues Regulatory Pathway For Key Topical Formulation
No. 4 - Huge Nasdaq Uplisting News Could Add Tons Of Exposure
No. 5 - Company's Patent Portfolio Continues To Grow...
Coverage is officially initiated on SILO. When time permits, do this: