(Source 1)(Source 2)
Current Challenges with RNA Delivery
- Delivery into target cells and tissues has proved to be a major challenge as RNA is inherently unstable and tends to show poor cellular uptake
- Various delivery technologies have been developed to address these challenges
- Despite substantial progress with delivery of RNA therapeutics to the liver, other target tissues and organs have remained difficult to reach
- Another challenge has been the low amount of RNA payload that becomes available within the cells, which has been reported at 1-2% only
- These challenges have clearly prevented more widespread adoption of RNA therapeutics
Solution: CYTO’s Peptide-Based Nanoparticles
OligoPhore™ /SemaPhore™ technology enabling safe and effective delivery of RNA payloads with systemic administration:
- Stability: RNA complexed in nanoparticle format for, and only released inside of cells after uptake
- Extrahepatic delivery: not sequestered in liver, but permeates inflamed pathological tissues
- Endosomal escape: pH-dependent nanoparticle disassembly, followed by full release of RNA into cytoplasm
- Selectivity: silences molecular targets in diseased tissues only
- Safety: no cellular or adaptive immune responsivity to nanoparticle components or RNA after multiple serial doses, and no organ toxicities in mice
RNA Therapeutics Growth Strategy: Two Pillars
1. Developing RNA therapeutics to clinical proof of concept for technology platform
- KRAS-driven cancers as first indication for drug development (project AM-401)
- KRAS mutations present in approximately 25% of tumors, one of the most common gene mutations linked to cancer, driving 32% of lung cancers, 40% of colorectal cancers, and 85% to 90% of pancreatic cancer cases (MD Anderson).
- Initiated a preclinical development program
- Aiming for IND in 2023 to be followed by clinical proof-of-concept study
2. Leverage technology platform through partnering
- Aim to leverage platform through collaborations with other biopharmaceutical companies and the out-licensing of technology for other indications
- Intend to become a delivery platform company
RNA BioPharma Sector Being Revalued: Increasing Capital Flows and Active M&A 12
- Tidal Therapeutics (mRNA delivery, preclinical stage), acquired in 2021 by Sanofi for $160M upfront + up to $310M milestone payments
- Translate Bio (mRNA delivery), recently acquired by Sanofi for $3.2B
- Dicerna (specializing in hepatic delivery), recently acquired by Novo for $3B
Bentrio Is A Novel, Drug-free Nasal Spray
Test-marketed in Germany and Austria in 2H-21. New, growing distribution covers 20+ countries - actively aiming for global.
Protects as a physical barrier the nasal mucosa
Traps airborne particles through electrostatic effects
Humidifies the nasal mucosa and thus aids its functionality
Protects for ≥ 3 hours Gel designed for extended nasal residence time
- 3Q 2021 Bentrio launched commercially in Germany and Austria, via online pharmacies
- Distribution in “brick and mortar” pharmacies starting in late 4Q 2021
- Created OTC Consumer Health business unit to support further growth, headed by Big Brand (OTC cough & cold / allergy) industry veteran Jean Lachance starting in May
- Sequential Q/Q revenue growth
- First distributor orders received – sales ramping up as function of national clearances / approvals and market launches
- Key collaborations with Nuance Pharma (China) and Wellesta (India, Southeast Asia)
- $1M upfront received from Nuance, development and commercial milestones up to $22.5M and, upon production transfer, staggered royalty on net sales at high-single to low-double-digit percentage.
More from the company presentation here.
And right now, CYTO has 5 must-know potential catalysts. Here's what you need to know:
No. 1 CYTO Potential Catalyst - Another Low Float Breakout Idea
According to the Yahoo Finance website, CYTO has a low float.
The website reports this profile to have approximately 13.53Mn shares in its float.
Why is that important? It's important on one crucial level. Volatility.
With so few shares available for trading, other potential catalysts (like big news) could spark a vertical move in the short-term.
No. 2 CYTO Potential Catalyst - Hitting COVAMID Enrollment Target Ahead Of Time
Altamira Therapeutics Achieves COVAMID Trial Target Enrollment for Bentrio in Acute CV-19
- Reached targeted clinical trial enrollment of 136 subjects ahead of schedule
- At current patient enrollment, top-line data read-out is expected in Q3-22
HAMILTON, BERMUDA / ACCESSWIRE / June 23, 2022 / Altamira Therapeutics Ltd. (NASDAQ:CYTO), a company dedicated to developing therapeutics that address important unmet medical needs, today announced that it has reached its targeted enrollment of 136 confirmed subjects in its COVAMID clinical investigation to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of its Bentrio™ nasal spray in patients with acute CV19.
Bentrio is an OTC drug-free nasal spray for personal protection against airborne viruses and allergens. It is being distributed in several countries throughout Europe and Asia and is expected to become available in progressively more countries through a growing global network of distributors.
"We are delighted to have reached our target patient enrollment for COVAMID ahead of schedule," commented Thomas Meyer, Altamira Therapeutics' founder, Chairman and CEO. "After having already demonstrated Bentrio's effectiveness and utility in several clinical studies in allergic rhinitis, this is a significant milestone in our clinical development of Bentrio in viral infections. Given its unique triple mode of action and versatility against various types of viruses, we consider Bentrio well-positioned to help protect people in a world with many challenges from existing or evolving airborne viruses."
Read the full article here.
No. 3 CYTO Potential Catalyst - Important Results For Company's Bentrio Nasal Spray Product
Altamira Therapeutics Reports 89.5% and 98.9% Reduction in Viral Load Against Human Rhinovirus With its Bentrio Nasal Spray
- Testing further confirms Bentrio's broad protection against various types of airborne viruses
- Demonstrates significant reductions in viral load for preventive and mitigative treatment after 4 days vs. saline controls
HAMILTON, BERMUDA / ACCESSWIRE / June 8, 2022 / Altamira Therapeutics Ltd. (NASDAQ:CYTO), a company dedicated to developing therapeutics that address important unmet medical needs, today announced positive outcomes from testing Bentrio™ for protection in human rhinovirus (HRV) infection. Bentrio is a drug-free nasal spray developed and commercialized by the Company's affiliate Altamira Medica for protection against airborne viruses and allergens.
Bentrio was tested for its capability to prevent or mitigate infection of the human nasal epithelium by HRV (RV-16A). For the experiment, reconstituted cells from donors were inoculated with the virus either 10 minutes after the first application of Bentrio (to test the formulation's preventive effects) or 12 hours prior to the first application of Bentrio (to test the formulation's mitigative effects). Bentrio was applied daily for four days; the viral load (Tissue Culture Infectious Dose, TCID50) was determined on MDCK cell lines. Prophylactic treatment with Bentrio resulted in a statistically significant reduction in the viral load vs. saline controls at Day 4 (p<0.05, two-way ANOVA), whereas mitigative treatment showed statistically significant reductions at both Day 3 and Day 4 (p<0.05 and p<0.01, respectively). On Day 4, the viral load was 89.5% and 98.9%, respectively, lower than in controls.
"These latest in vitro results obtained in human rhinovirus infection fit nicely with our previous data in S-C-2 and H1N1 infections, thus further confirming Bentrio's broad protection against various types of airborne viruses," commented Thomas Meyer, Altamira Therapeutic's founder, Chairman and CEO. "We see a great potential for Bentrio as a versatile nasal spray that is easy to use, affordable and helps to protect against the myriad of pathogens and allergens to which we are exposed in our daily lives by breathing in air."
Read the full article here.
No. 4 CYTO Potential Catalyst - Oversold Leaning Technicals Provide Reversal/Bounce Potential
Going into Monday's opening bell, Barchart was reporting this profile to have several oversold leaning technicals.
These technicals could be signaling a healthy reversal in the near term.
Here's the definition of a "reversal" from Investopedia:
"A reversal is a change in the price direction of an asset. A reversal can occur to the upside or downside. Following an uptrend, a reversal would be to the downside. Following a downtrend, a reversal would be to the upside. Reversals are based on overall price direction and are not typically based on one or two periods/bars on a chart."
Now, here are some key technicals (going into Monday's opening bell) that could signal CYTO to be leaning oversold and on the verge of a potential reversal.
- 9-Day Relative Strength Index: 28.34%
- 14-Day Relative Strength Index: 31.08%
When these numbers drop down to the 30% range and lower, they can be viewed as being in oversold territory. While in this territory, they can paint the picture of a profile that is undervalued.
- 14-Day Raw Stochastic: 0.37%
- 14-Day Williams %R: 99.63%
As the Raw Stochastic nears the 10% range and lower and the Williams %R nears the 90% range or higher, these technical indicators may also be viewed as oversold and undervalued.
Keep an eye on these technicals closely.
No. 5 CYTO Potential Catalyst - An Explosive Chart History
As I mentioned previously, this is a low float idea.
With a low float, potential volatility can be in the cards on a daily basis.
This volatility can lead a profile to have the ability to spike quickly on its chart.
And CYTO is no different. Check it out:
- From a $1.36 open on 12/28/21, CYTO surged to a high of $2.30 on 12/29. Overall, that 2 day burn resulted in a move of 69%.
- From a $.80 open on 3/11/22, CYTO rocketed to a high of $1.30 on the session. That move resulted in this profile rocketing 62% intraday.
- On 4/11/22, CYTO blazed vertically again from an open of $1.11 to a high of $2.15 for a $1.00+ move and an overall explosion of 93%.
Could we see another vicious intraday or short term move right around the corner?
CYTO Recap - 5 Potential Catalysts For Your New Nasdaq Breakout Idea
No. 1 - Another Low Float Breakout Idea
No. 2 - Hitting COVAMID Enrollment Target Ahead Of Time
No. 3 - Important Results For Company's Bentrio Nasal Spray Product
No. 4 - Oversold Leaning Technicals Provide Reversal/Bounce Potential
No. 5 - An Explosive Chart History
Coverage is officially initiated on CYTO. When you have time, do this: